Thursday, May 19, 2011

'Just Cause' Gifts

So it's been a while, but I've been searching hard for a job (unsuccessfully)!! I went to visit one of the most amazing friends I have recently and I decided to make her a gift just for being a great person! I didn't realize that making a tote bag was as difficult as it was but I attempted it and I believe I was pretty successful! Below are all the pictures of my process. I also made a "feel better" pillow for her cute amazing little dog who just had surgery and got 9 of her little bitty teeth pulled :(.











I dont have a picture of the completed tote bag but below you can see the almost finished product. I had to make a piece of binding for the middle of the bag where the unfinished edge was suppose to be on the inside, I may have measured wrong. I made the mistake a pocket and sewed a button on to fix it.


Below are the pictures of the "feel better" pillow that I made for my friends dog.

This is not the best picture of the finished pillow because the stuffing got on the outside and I didn't have a lint roller with me. I completed it while my friend was a church. I hand stitched the letters and hand sewed the opening that i used to stuff the pillow. Next time I would sew the letters on the machine and then put the pillow together but overall I was pretty happy with the end result!!







John 4:13-15

No comments:

Post a Comment